It's time to descend to the nether and try to defeat Death. That's because Death Must Die is now in Steam Early Access. The game is currently being offered at a 10% discount for a limited period.
There was initially a demo available for those who wanted to try the game. However, it was taken down last week with developer Realm Archive revealing in a post that it wasn’t only out of date but also "no longer representative of the game." The studio also said that since the save files don't translate over, they didn't want people to try the game only to lose their progress once the game came out.
The game is set in a land where a lot of heroes have taken on the journey to The High Mount to enter the realm of Death and try to end his reign. There has been a lot of heroes who have done this across history and no one has returned. This time, it may be different because an unsung high power has apparently agreed to support the heroes in this quest.
By now it should be clear what this a roguelite RPG is all about. Players get to take on the role of heroes and attempt to beat Death. The good news is that there are now a pantheon of gods willing to guide the heroes in this quest, and each once grants a different powerful blessing. As players explore the Underworld, they get to learn more why the gods made the decision to fight against one of their own while also uncovering the stories behind each hero.
Key features of the game are:
- Destroy the thousands of minions of Death.
- Face off and defeat the Guardians protecting each circle.
- Get to discover ancient shrines, mythical creatures, and the other inhabitants of the Underworld.
- Choose from hundreds of god blessings to create synergetic and varied builds.
- Collect randomized and unique items to make highly varied builds and ease next attempts.
- Increase the odds of finding lost relics at the cost of empowering Death's legions.
- Attempt runs with a varied cast of heroes, each endowed with game altering traits.
- Unlock unique and hard to access achievements.
Get Death Must Die on Steam now.